KVPY 2019 exam dates will be announced along with the notification releases. KVPY 2019 is the national fellowship programme sponsored by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. It is the gateway that provides scholarship up to the pre-Ph.D level to the selected candidates. It is controlled and managed by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc). Candidates are selected for fellowship on the basis of aptitude test and interview conducted by the IISc. Those wanting to take KVPY examination in the academic year 2019-2020 can check KVPY Important Dates 2019 from here.
KVPY 2019 Exam Dates
The examination regulating body releases KVPY Important dates. Here, we have mentioned all the important tentative dates of KVPY for the session 2018-2019:
|Application Form Commences from||2nd week of July 2019|
|Last date for the submission of online application||Last week of August 2019 (5:00 PM)|
|Admit Card Availability||2nd week of October 2019|
|Examination Date||1st week of November 2019|
|Tentative Answer Key Released on||4th week of November 2019|
|Objection on Answer Key||Till Last week November 2019|
|Final Answer Key||First week of December 2019|
|Result of aptitude test for SA, SB and SX||December 2019|
|Interview Schedule||January/February 2020|
|Final Result Declaration Date (Aptitude test+Interview)||April 2020|
The KVPY eligibility criteria are given here:
- Candidates should be Indian Citizen.
- For Stream SA, Candidates have to complete their 10th class with Science & Mathematics subjects. They have to secure at least 80% marks (70% marks for SC/ST/PwD) aggregate in the qualifying examination.
- For Stream SX, Candidates have to pass 10th class with minimum 80% marks (70% for SC/ST/PwD) in aggregate in Mathematics & Science subjects. Candidates also have to qualify the 10+2 examination with Science subjects & secure at least 60% marks (50% for SC/ST/PWD category) in aggregate.
- For Stream SB, Candidates have to complete their 10+2 examination & obtain minimum 60% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/PwD) in aggregate in Science Subjects. Candidates also have to pass their 1st year final examination & secure at least 60% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/PwD).
KVPY Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: The entrance exam will be organized in online or offline mode.
- Duration: The duration of the exam will be three hours.
- Language: The medium of the question paper will be English & Hindi language.
- Type of Questions: It is a multiple choice question paper.
- Papers: The question paper divided into two parts: PART I & PART II.
- Marks: The question paper will be 100 marks.
|Sr. No||Subject||Part I||Part II|
|1||Mathematics||15 questions – 1 mark each||5 questions – 2 marks each|
|2||Physics||15 questions – 1 mark each||5 questions – 2 marks each|
|3||Chemistry||15 questions – 1 mark each||5 questions – 2 marks each|
|4||Biology||15 questions – 1 mark each||5 questions – 2 marks each|