About BITSAT 2019
- BITSAT (Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test) 2019 is a computer-based online test for providing admission to Integrated First Degree programs offered at BITS Pilani campuses in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad
- Candidates who have passed their class 12th examination with aggregate 75% marks in PCB/PCM are eligible to apply.
- BITSAT exam will be conducted in two slots each day. The first session will be from 9 am – 12 noon, while the second slot will be from 2 pm- 5 pm. You can choose either of these, based on the availability.
- There is no change in BITSAT Syllabus. Candidates must carefully go through their class 11 and 12 syllabi of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. 40 questions are asked from Physics and Chemistry combined while 45 questions will be put up from Mathematics/Biology.
Candidates should check the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam:
- For admission to all programmes (except B.Pharma): Candidates must have passed 12th or equivalent exam from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English Subjects
- For admission in B.Pharma: Candidates must have cleared 12th or equivalent exam with PCB or PCM group with English subject.
- Candidates must have obtained 75% marks in PCB or PCM group.
- Candidates appearing in qualifying exam are also eligible to apply.
- Aspirants who have passed 12th or equivalent exam in 2015 or earlier are not eligible to apply.
BITSAT Exam Pattern
- Mode of exam– BISAT is conducted in online mode.
- Duration– The time duration of the examination is 3 hours.
- Sectional Time Limit– There is no time limit for individual parts of the test.
- Total Questions– A candidate has to solve 150 questions.
- Nature of Questions– All questions are of objective type.
- Marking Scheme– Each correct answer is credited with 3 marks.
- Negative Marking– There is a penalty of 1 mark which will be levied on answering the question wrongly.
- Sections– A candidate has to answer questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning.
The BITSAT exam pattern is mentioned below:
|Section||Subject||Number of Questions|
|III||(a) English Proficiency||15|
|(b) Logical Reasoning||10|
|IV||Mathematics/Biology (For B.Pharm)||45|