AIIMS MBBS 2019 – All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi will issue AIIMS MBBS 2019 admit card for registered candidates from May 15 onward. The hall ticket will be available in online mode and can be downloaded by entering registration ID and password. AIIMS MBBS admit card 2019 will contain information related to the exam centre, date of exam, and also exam day guidelines. Candidates will be allowed inside the exam venue only upon display of the admit card along with the other important documents which includes a valid ID proof (which should be the same as uploaded during filling of AIIMS MBBS 2019 application form)
The final registration process for AIIMS MBBS 2019 has been closed on March 12. The final registration was opened for applicants who had generated their codes. AIIMS MBBS 2019 application form had commenced on November 30. The examination authority had also released the AIIMS MBBS prospectus 2019 providing the details of eligibility criteria, important dates, registration process, exam pattern , syllabus, result, counselling, seat matrix, fees structure and other information. As per information brochure, AIIMS MBBS 2019 will be conducted on May 25 and 26, for admission to a total of 1,207 seats offered by 15 AIIMS Institutes. Every year, more than 3 lakh aspirants appear in the entrance test.
The prospectus of AIIMS 2019 has been released with no changes in the exam pattern, syllabus, marking scheme, preparation of result and merit list. However, the AIIMS counselling 2019 dates has not been released yet, and will be announced later. According to the AIIMS MBBS prospectus 2019, the exam will be held in two shifts for two days, depending on the number of applicants registered. The minimum qualifying percentage to be secured in Class 12 by PWD aspirants has been reduced to 45%, as mentioned in the official brochure. Earlier, the qualifying percentage was 50.
AIIMS MBBS 2019 will be held on two days in two shifts – morning and evening. AIIMS MBBS exam will contain 200 multiple choice questions. The result will be announced on June 12, 2019, in the form of a merit list and scorecard. Candidates securing the minimum qualifying cut off as set by AIIMS, New Delhi will be considered eligible to participate for counselling. Go through the article on AIIMS MBBS 2019 exam date, application form, eligibility criteria, admit card, syllabus, result and counselling.
What’s New in AIIMS MBBS 2019?
- Exam centres reduced – This year, the AIIMS exam cities have been reduced to a total of 151 cities across India. Bahadurgarh (Haryana), Baramullah (Jammu and Kashmir) and Kanyakumari (Tamil Nadu) have not been included in the list of AIIMS MBBS exam cities 2019. Also, the city of Naharlagun in the state of Arunachal Pradesh has been replaced by Itanagar. Last year, the exam was held in 154 major citiesof the country.
- AIIMS MBBS 2019 Prospectus released – AIIMS, New Delhi has released the prospectus of AIIMS 2019 for admission to 15 AIIMS institutes. No changes in exam pattern, marking scheme and result.
- 100 MBBS seats in AIIMS Nagpur and Guntur – The authority has added 50 MBBS seats each in AIIMS Guntur and AIIMS Nagpur.
- Increase in Seat Intake-With the commencement of final registration process, AIIMS, New Delhi has released the total number of seats offered. Through AIIMS MBBS, a total of 1,207 MBBS seats will be offered in 15 AIIMS Institutes.
- AIIMS login for registration extended –The AIIMS application form last date was extended till January 14.
- Change in Eligibility Criteria for PwD candidates-The minimum marks required to become eligible to take AIIMS MBBS 2019 in Class 12 in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology is 45%. Earlier, the minimum required percentage is 50%.
- Six new AIIMS Institutes-For the academic session 2019-20, six new AIIMS are introduced located in Kalyani, Raebareli, Gorakhpur, Bathinda, Deogarh and Bibinagar, making a total of 15 institutes across India.
- Change in AIIMS application process-The AIIMS MBBS application form 2019 can be filled through PAAR (Prospective Applicants Advanced Registration) facility. As per the PAAR facility, the application process will involve two major steps – Basic Registration and Final Registration. The Basic Registration required submission of basic details. In the Final Registration, the candidates need to submit qualification details, application fee, and exam city choice.
- AIIMS MBBS 2019 notification-AIIMS New Delhi has released the notification for AIIMS MBBS 2019 which specify the eligibility criteria, participating institute and important dates of the entrance exam. AIIMS MBBS basic registration commenced on November 30, 2018, while the final registration process began from January 29, 2019.
AIIMS MBBS 2019 – An Overview
|Exam date||May 25 and 26, 2019|
|Exam name||AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam|
|Exam level||National level|
|Conducting authority||All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi|
|Commonly known as||AIIMS MBBS|
|Purpose of examination||Admission to UG medical courses|
|Exam duration||3 hours 30 minutes|
|Exam cities||155 approximately|
|Total AIIMS Institutes||15 institutes located at New Delhi, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur, Rishikesh, Guntur, Nagpur, Kalyani, Raebarelli, Gorakhpur, Bathinda, Deogarh and Bibinagar|
|Number of seats offered||1,200 (tentative)|
AIIMS MBBS Important Dates 2019
Candidates can check AIIMS MBBS 2019 important dates from the table below.
AIIMS MBBS Dates
|Basic Registration of Application form starts||November 30, 2018|
|Last date for Basic Registration||January 14, 2019|
|Status of basic registration||January 17, 2019|
|Correction of deficiencies in basic registrations (not accepted)||January 17 to 21, 2019|
|Final status of basic registration||January 12, 2019 (for such candidates who have re-uploaded their images)|
|Prospectus release date||February 23, 2019 (RELEASED)|
|Code generation for final registration||January 29 to February 17, 2019|
|Final Registration process for code generated applicants||February 22 to March 12, 2019|
|Re-opening of code generation facility||February 23 to March 12, 2019|
|Issuance of admit card||May 15, 2019|
|AIIMS MBBS exam date||May 25 and 26, 2019|
|Result will be declared||June 12, 2019|
|Publication of merit list||June 12, 2019|
|Counselling starts||Last week of June 2019*|
AIIMS MBBS Admit Card 2019
The hall ticket of AIIMS MBBS 2019 will be issued to only those candidates whose application form will be accepted by the authority. Aspirants can download AIIMS MBBS 2019 admit card from the link provided on this page. A candidate ID and password must be entered in the space provided to download the admit card. Students must carefully verify the admit card after downloading to check the details like name, address, roll number, photograph, signature among others have been published correctly. It is advised to preserve the AIIMS MBBS admit card 2019 until the end of counselling and admission process.
AIIMS MBBS Exam Day Guidelines 2019
- It is important for an aspirant to read the exam day guidelines provided by AIIMS, New Delhi to give their best shot without any hindrance.
- AIIMS MBBS 2019 will be conducted on two days across four shifts. Candidates will be randomly allotted their slot and hence, the details will be displayed in the admit card to know the exact date and time of examination.
- As per the timings are concerned, it is advised to reach the exam centre at least one hour before the commencement of AIIMS MBBS exam. This will give them proper time for several pre-examination security check such as biometric verification, photo capture etc.
- Aspirants should not carry any stationery items with them. The pens and rough sheet will be provided by AIIMS authority outside the exam centre. The rough work will only be done on the sheet provided and back side of the admit card.
- Along with that, no electronic items, ornaments or text materials will be allowed inside the examination hall. No arrangements will be done for safekeeping of these items at the centre.
- The only document to be carried inside the exam hall is AIIMS MBBS admit card 2019 along with an identity proof.
AIIMS MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2019
Before applying for the entrance test, aspirants must go through AIIMS MBBS eligibility criteria to check whether they are eligible or not. Check the basic eligibility criteria which must be fulfilled by aspirants are mentioned below.
- Age: Students should have attained or will attain the age of 17 years as on December 31, 2019. Candidates born on or after January 2, 2003, are not eligible to apply.
- Academic Qualification: Aspirants should have passed Class 12 or equivalent examination from the recognized board from any Indian state with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as the main subject will be eligible.
- Minimum marks required: General and OBC applicants must have obtained an aggregate of 60% in English, Chemistry. Physics and Biology. SC and ST candidates must secure at least 50% in total. The OPH candidates must secure at least 45% in Class 12.